vendredi 3 septembre 2010

Art Gallery of Alberta

Art Gallery of Alberta: "
I'm finally working on the 36x48 inch canvas that I prepared the other day and it's very exciting - I wish I had no other obligations today other than to paint. The paint brush that I was complaining about recently has turned into a great 'scrub' brush for laying in the initial darks onto my canvas...I'm always glad when I can salvage something to use in another fashion. So, I will try not to complain anymore. This year I've returned to standard 3/4' deep canvases for my work - initially I used to stretch all of my canvases, all standard, in the days when pre-stretched canvas was difficult to get a hold of and when sizes where limited (plus it was so much easier on my budget). Then five years ago, after many gallery visits I noticed a trend of profile or gallery stretched canvas (1.5-2' deep) and thought that it would be a better fit for my work. Not that it doesn't look great, but hauling and storing such deep canvases takes up so much space so I've returned to the standard canvases this year and find that when I place them side-by-side with any of the deeper canvases, it is not the depth of canvas that a patron selects, but rather the image. Which is a good thing because I'm heading 3 hours north to Edmonton next month to hang a minimum of 16 pieces, and I would like room in my vehicle to bring my family with me to visit the fabulous new Art Gallery of Alberta - you have to see this stunning building designed by Los Angeles based Architect Randall Stout. And image of the exterior of the building is on the lower right hand side of each page of the website. I can't wait to see it. I'll have to remember my camera.



"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire